Wednesday, March 11, 2015


Imagine waking up tomorrow, with only that for which you today had thanked "God"

   

Your Brother Charlie's excited at having learned of a school of thought addressing "God" (and the Universe . . .  and shit), which is called "panentheism".  Wikipedia says it is "a belief system which posits that the divine – whether as a single God, number of gods, or other form of 'cosmic animating force' – interpenetrates every part of the universe and extends, timelessly - and, presumably, spacelessly- beyond it."  Hmm, that sounds pretty darn close to "Charlieism" !

But, actually, I honestly don't have a care as to the form or fashion you may (or may not) have for "God" - or for whether you believe you "owe" any thanks, for that matter.  I would admonish my Sisters & Brothers all to practice Your Name Here-ism!

I myself have taken the idea referenced in that heading-quote at the top as a reminder of the value of "being present" to the infinitely unfolding Now - and as much as I'm able, to be mindful of the great benefits I enjoy in my life, from moment to unfolding moment.

Because gratitude is a good thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment